Friday, May 18, 2007

"Pink Pill", a painting a day by Jai (click here - 2 bid now!)


This week I've started back on the painting a day challenge that I proposed to myself quite some time ago, and never quite got going good. Now I've done several, and this is the first (I'll get the rest up this weekend hopefully!).

This painting is titled "Pink Pill" - you can bid on it here if you'd like (ah come on, it's only 99 cents with NR and I have to pay my doctor bills!:)).

Many months ago, someone said they wanted to see more inside the "personal life" of me - the artist. Well, I've chosen to paint some of the things around me in my personal life in my painting a day series, which I have titled "Simple Things". All of my mini paintings are ACEO art trading cards (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") and they come unmatted and unframed. All are originals. However, I do have a category in my store where I am adding merchandise with my Simple Things imagery. Click here to visit.

This particular image came about because - you guessed it - I've been sick. UGH! For two weeks now, I've had to take this antibiotic, which is an extremely colorful, neon pink pill. Note that the letters are ET on the pill - which I'm assuming identifies the medicine - but E.T. also happens to be one of my favorite all-time characters! (how appropriate for me to get this pill! LOL)

My kids laughed at me for painting a picture of one of my pills. Oh well...you've got to have some fun in life! :)

I have some more ACEO originals to get listed, and I'll try to get it done this weekend. The past couple days have been rather hectic - on top of being sick myself, I had to go out of state for a funeral on Wednesday. Guess I should be grateful it wasn't MY funeral...though I've sure felt like it could have been!

Later,
Jai

No comments: