Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Memories


With the holiday time here, it's certainly appropriate to be thinking of times past. In "Memories", I've created the cool look of winter offset by rich red, representative to me of "heartfelt memories". In this pendant, I've used some aurora borealis - I love the sparkle of it and was actually thinking about New Years Eve while I was working on this, and the sparkle and joy of holiday parties. And I don't know about you, but when I look at the finished design, I see the slight pattern of a tuxedo - though that was not my intention when designing the jewel! It's interesting how these pieces can take on a life of their own and become what the eye wants them to...:)

All weekend, I spent thinking of what I've done in 2005 and where I want to go in 2006. You might notice my banner at the top of the page is different - that's because I'm changing my look and my designs for 2006, and I'm preparing my website now.

I'll be making 4 different types of jewelry - pendants, necklaces, brooches, and rings. I'm going to focus on the cloisonne style of work this year, because I find it incredibly challenging. The majority of the work I produce will be the pendants, necklace and brooches. Rings are something I am personally passionate about, and plan to make a few of, but the main categories on my site being filled with new jewels will be the pendants, necklaces and brooches.

My brother sent me a beautiful lion portrait photo, and I'll be doing a centerpiece for a necklace design based on that picture. That's my next project after I complete a custom cat pendant I'm working on.

As for Christmas, I'm sort of ready. LOL I'm running a bit behind, but then that's normal for me. I still have a few small packages to get out in the mail this morning before I get down to the studio.

It's turned bitter cold here again, and once again, it's giving me headaches. Someday, I'd love to move to an area where it's warmer year round!

Off to work.....thanks for stopping in and seeing my newest jewel!

Jai

No comments: