Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Jewels: Copper Necklace/Earrings & Silver Woven Cross Pendant

A few new jewels off the workbench this week. The first is a copper necklace and matching earrings, featuring a woven bezel, turquoise focal stones, and the necklace chain is handmade as well, one link at a time. I love the warm color of the copper against the cool, rich blue turquoise. I added some amethyst crystal rondelles for even more interest. I named the set SANITY, as working on these pieces gave me sanity during a complicated, stressful time. :) The necklace is available here and the earrings here.


Then I tackled a cross pendant. I designed my pattern first. This pendant is fairly large, but I can do the same pattern for a smaller pendant simply by decreasing the length of the base wires. I was actually working on another pendant based on an inspiration photo of the Alaskan glaciers. The cross idea kept pounding away, so I finally gave in and made it, with the same components and based on the same photo (shown below).

The cross features labradorite, blue topaz, and freshwater pearls and the base is hand-tinted stained silver wire.


The cross pendant is available here and is titled MIRACULOUS, because those glaciers and their beauty are certainly a natural miracle. I'm waiting to finish the other pendant based on this photo, as the wire I have on hand is too thick for the necklace chain. Until the correct wire arrives, that pendant will wait patiently on my work table. :)

No comments: