Thursday, July 19, 2007

NEW WORK: Hot Flashes - yellow/red rose painting


What do you get when you put a menopausal woman in the middle of a scorching Tennessee summer? Fresh from the studio, "Hot Flashes", another fabulous rose in warm colors. (As someone once told me years ago..."This too shall pass." :))

Hope you like it! "Hot Flashes" is on Ebay this week only for a low price. It's a size 12"x12" canvas, with the sides painted (the design extends onto the sides). Perfect for that spot in your house where you want to add a little heat!

I finally feel as if I'm finding my style. Take a look at the new JaiArt.Com and let me know what you think. It's unreal I've had to go through so much to get here with my work.

Basically I've tried it all! I've tried every medium (except oil, which I cannot use) in painting, and several techniques and mediums in jewelry work also. I finally feel a sense of "letting go" and just being ME. Painting the way *I* want to paint, painting what I want to paint, and using the colors I choose to use. Maybe this means I'm figuring out, it's okay to just be ME. And just because someone says "I wish you would do this or that, or use this color of that color", etc, doesn't mean I have to do it. I think subconsciously I thought if I DID switch what I was doing, or do that one thing, I'd have a sale - or maybe even many sales - as a result. WRONG. All of my sales have come from things I allowed myself to just be ME with. So from now on, I'm going to try something different...just being ME. Which is okay. :)

Jai

P.S. How do you like the new blog look? Yep, I'm "back in black". :)

No comments: