Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NEW ART: Kona Coffee Tree Flower & Berries

THIS PAINTING IS SOLD


When my gallery owner asked for "coffee art" for an upcoming show, my first thought was to paint a coffee still life design. But I didn't want to deviate from my floral theme I'm currently painting. So I decided to paint coffee flowers and berries which appear on coffee trees. Using two photos from a past trip to the Kona Coffee plantation for reference, I created this vibrant coffee floral art design, which will add interest and drama to any room in which it's placed.

Even though I'd heard before how coffee comes about, I'd forgotten the process it goes through. From what I understand, the coffee trees present these wonderful fragrant white blooms, then green berries, which then turn red. When they are deep red, that's when the best time is for picking. If I remember correctly, each berry contains two coffee beans inside. The beans are removed and then roasted, and then made into the coffee we drink!

This is one piece of art which worked well for me from start to finish. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Today I'm geting ready to deviate from the florals (except there will be one flower in the painting). I'm going to attempt to paint a romantic themed piece, with a semi-nude female and a single rose. Wish me luck!

Jai

No comments: