Sunday, July 20, 2008

A name plate for my husband


I bought this wood plaque last week to make a name plate for my husband to put in his office. I finished it yesterday. While I'm pleased with how it turned out, I probably won't try to do a human in this small of an area again...it was very difficult to get his features right! Animals, birds, flowers...yeah, I can handle those! But doing the human face in 2 1/2" was pretty difficult!

I picked up some smaller wood pieces in round, oval and teardrop shapes last week to burn some pendants. I haven't completed any yet, but probably will try to do a couple this week on my days off work. I also picked up some 16x20" pieces of cream colored mat board to attempt a few larger fire paintings.

I've been updating my photo blog daily and I'm having a ball taking pictures. All of my photos are available in my shop as prints and greeting cards, and I also have a section on my website now to sell the images for royalty-free stock photo use. Hope you'll stop by and take a look at my 365 photo project, and visit the links to others who are doing this same project along with me.

InJoy,
Jai

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty nice!

arlene,
East Bremerton florist