Monday, September 01, 2008

IRISH BUTTERFLY Olive Jade Brass Filigree Necklace

May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond. ~Irish Blessing

Here's the necklace I created on my day off today. I call this the Irish Butterfly necklace. I had this pretty olive jade round bead and I was dying to do something creative with it! I didn't have any plans to create a butterfly...it just turned out looking like one. :) I've been listing to this song "I am Free" the past couple of days, and to me, a butterfly is a symbol of freedom. So I'm not surprised this developed, as that's what was on my mind while I spent time in the studio today.

InJoy,
Jai





















Want to try to make your own? You can pick up supplies on Ebay. You'll need an olive jade bead, some filigree, a freshwater pearl, and some brass chain to hang it from. Of course, you can always buy this one...but if you're feeling creative, you might want to try to make your own.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jai, it's so pretty! Just like all your work.