Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Hairdressers - original color pencil painting on canvas


Hi all! I've finally completed my painting "The Hairdressers", created specifically for an upcoming juried art event held by Carolina's, a local hair salon. Keep your fingers crossed for me on winning! :)

This is a 24"x36" color pencil painting on watercolor canvas, which is sealed and framed in gold/red wood frame (shown below). I had such FUN with this design! I wanted it to be loaded with bright colors, and have a unique concept. Of course I created a "phrase" to go with the art. "Bad hair day? Party tonight? No fear...The Hairdressers are here!" The art, along with the phrase, are now on products in my store here.

The painting has been delivered, and now it's just a matter of waiting.....UGH! (I hate waiting! LOL!) I'll keep you all updated.

Jai


No comments: